View Single Post
Old 25th January 2022, 21:44   #13259
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

A certain national windscreen replacement company came to fit my new windscreen today after failing to repair the chip last week. The fitter unfortunately chopped the rain sensor and auto-dim mirror loom whilst running the separator wire round the screen prior to removing it. Luckily for both of us I was on hand to repair it properly which was straightforward with the screen out. We tested it with a "dry" screen in place and it was fine.

However not content with that - and now being flustered and apologetic - he then lifted the dry screen out prior to running the sealant and refitting but forgot to remove the mirror & rain sensor which he fitted temporarily to test the rewiring. This resulted in the module being heavily tugged and torn off the screen.

Once the new screen was fitted with the sealant and everything reconnected, needless to say, the rain module now doesn't work.

He put his hands up completely, gave a confession on his post-work video, and called his boss as well as the warranty/rectification team to log the fact. He's assured me they'll pay for everything and from what I've seen, I'm reasonably content they will. It's not so much the mistakes but how they're handled that counts in my book.So we'll see.

Nothing's ever simple, eh.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote