Thread: Fbh
View Single Post
Old 14th November 2018, 16:47   #8
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
It does chuck out some white smoke, not constant but was still same after an hour.Does appear more smokey than Id expect as It's been stripped and serviced I'm told by the seller. I'm assuming it will need to come apart for a decoke is there a How too on here?
Thanks Lee.

I bought my car supposedly with a working FBH which I was unable to use due to the billowing clouds of white smoke emanating from the exhaust and of course it wouldn't get up to any sort of heat.

The boys in the Midlands sorted it out for me after describing it as the most coked up, sooted up one they had ever worked on.

Unfortunately when refitted there was still loads of white smoke emitting from it caused by the fact that the exhaust / silencer was also chock a block full of soot which meant that the exhaust had to be exchanged for a new/2nd hand one.

Once that was changed it has worked perfectly with no smoke coming out at all when it is on.

So it might well be that your exhaust is also sooted up and needs cleaning out before you are able to get rid of the white smoke and get full operation from the FBH.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote