View Single Post
Old 25th April 2021, 11:01   #10
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Ian.
Only at the Nano meets or if you came to my house that was when you could. I have been asked a few times to post out & exchange and the answer was/is the same, i have six ready to go which if the meets were going would be taken up within the weekend of our meets, we have only one this year so far as a tester due to C19 link below.

A Pm would have to be sent so a time could be allocated for the exchange as you could imagine it gets really busy at our Nano meets or used to

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/f...hp?f=197&t=640

As Arctic says, well worth the effort to disembowel the EGR and manifold etc. put aside a couple of unrushed days if you are going to leave the manifold to soak.

I had, still have, but about to scrap, an 02 plate 75 Tourer, that wasn't quite as smooth as my other one, nothing you could put your finger on though, so best place to start is with something that cost nowt.

Did the deed and as Arctic says and shown in his photos, the contamination and restriction in the bores of manifold and EGR has to be seen to be believed.

Once back together, it was as smooth as a sewing machine and had a crisper pick up.

For anyone who doesn't want the down time whilst doing the work, get one of each off a scrapper, work at leisure, then it's a simple afternoons swap over.

As an aside, the old 02 plate I'm scrapping hasn't turned a wheel or even had a door opened for 4 years, I'm using it as a donor car for the tourer I've just been given, on a whim, I put a charged battery on, third crank it started without any fuss or hesitancy, on the 4 year old derv in the tank and settled down to a smooth idle, then suddenly stopped with what, from the drivers seat appeared to be a cloud of steam / smoke, but what was derv spraying from a split in the under bonnet pump to filter head, replaced it, fired it up and left it to idle for 30 mins not a leak of problem in site and as quiet as a mouse.

It's fitted with the cab heater so when I've got nothing to do 🙄😁 I'll see if that still works.

Dipped the oil, OK, stuck some antifreeze on the refractometer, still spot on, it's a pity it was one of those that tin worm got to.