View Single Post
Old 6th October 2021, 15:05   #10
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

The bit that fascinates/concerns me the most is that somehow the hierarchy of current manufacturers don't seem to have learnt the lessons from history.

An acquaintance of mine runs a BMW X5 full fat M Power. They are in the fortunate position to be able to change to a brand new car every 2 years.

Looked at a Range Rover. Seriously considered getting one until they looked into build quality and reliability. Then bought another X5. .

Apparently the BMW dealer bends over backwards to keep their custom. And they get some absolutely top of the range courtesy car when theirs has a service etc. I wonder why......

A friend of theirs bought a Land Rover. Ditched it after 18 months and a string of issues and will never have another.

Daughter in Law has a KIA. Bought at 5 years old with a couple of years of manufacturer warranty left. It's had a couple of issues which is not really too surprising for a 5-6 year old car. The dealer has been fantastic. No sucking teeth or trying to wriggle out of stuff. Just apologise for it going wrong, book it in, get it done and hand it back.

Guess what she'll be having next...

And to quote Churchill:

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 6th October 2021 at 15:16..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote