View Single Post
Old 24th April 2022, 23:19   #7
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
DEADLINE 30th APRIL - MAY BE ABLE TO EXTEND DEADLINE TO 31st MAY IF THERE IS HIGH ENOUGH NUMBERS INTERESTED.

I’ve just received an update from the factory that the new replacement IPK screens will soon no longer be available. This is due to the IC driver needed for the IPK screens (the small square chip in the ribbon cable) has long been discontinued years ago. The factory bought up as many of these IC drivers as possible to produce these screens, but unfortunately there are no more available from any suppliers. We have always known the quantities would be limited due to this.

There are only enough IC drivers left to produce approximately 200 – 300 more screens at most, and out of these many will go to the Chinese MG7 market worldwide, as the MG7 instrument clusters suffer from the same problem as ours with lines appearing on their IPK screen displays. I can maybe secure between 100 -150 screens in one last batch depending on the demand for them. Once these are gone, they will no longer be available I’m afraid.

Therefore, this will most likely be the last chance to order a new replacement IPK screen. After this, there will no longer be a permanent fix option for the IPK screen displays. I will be keeping a few spares for myself for any 75’s or ZT’s I purchase in the future.

It’s important to note that, not only is it nice to have a clean line free IPK screen display for your trip data and any warnings, a badly lined IPK display is also a MOT failure if the info displayed on it is unreadable as the rear fog light warning displays on the IPK screen. Under section 4.9. “Tell-tales” mandatory for lighting equipment” of the MOT test manual, if the rear fog light tell-tale warning is not working or clearly visible, it’s an MOT failure. It is something that is often missed by MOT testers, but I have had a few instrument clusters in for IPK screen repairs for this exact reason over the last 5 years.

I’ve been informed that the remaining quantity of screens will go into production next month, therefore I will need to know how many would like to reserve one of these new screens by the end of this month. I would need deposits as soon as possible, ideally by the end of this month but if numbers are high enough I may be able to push the deadline back to end of May for deposits.

The screens will then be with me around June time ready for fitting, or shipping to you if you’re arranging your own fitting.

PRICE:
Screen only: £95 + £6.50 postage in the UK

Screen supplied and fitted: £140 (if sending the cluster in the post, return postage £11.15 in the UK Royal Mail Special Delivery)

If you'd like a shipping quote for outside of the UK message me for a price.
DEPOSIT: The deposit to secure a screen is £95.

These screens come with a 12 month warranty.

For details on fitting/installation of these new replacement IPK screens, see my first comment below for more details.

If you would like to order/reserve one of these last remaining new IPK screens please let me know below. I will PM you the order and payment details for the deposit. Ideally I’d like to get all deposits in by the end of this month to try and secure as many of these last remaining new screens as possible, however if you’re unable to pay the deposit by the end of this month but are interested in reserving a new screen let me know, as I will try to extend the deadline to end of May if there is enough deposits in by the end of this month.

Put me down for an ipk screen please. 3disco.

Last edited by 3disco; 24th April 2022 at 23:21.. Reason: More info.
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote