View Single Post
Old 16th August 2021, 07:29   #1
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Default I'm in a quandary

I'm in a bit of a quandary - I need a Tourer. I've seen two completely different ones I like but there just seem to be a lot of variables to consider so it'd be good to bounce off some ideas:

The first is a 75 diesel - literally the Tourer version of my saloon with the wooden dash, wheel etc. As we all know 45-50mpg but I'm worried about clean air zones. I don't travel that much in and out of city centres but I'd hate to be in a position where nipping over to Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan perhaps even Warrington where we like to go shopping and have a coffee might in a couple of years end up costing me. And I'm worried it's the thin end of the wedge - I'm from Liverpool and it's been reported for years that there are some areas outside the city centre (particularly along the old docks) that have some of the worst air pollution in the country. What's to stop them extending these zones, presumably with Govt backing and gusto in the march to drive diesels off the roads...

The second is a trophy blue MG ZT 180 just had the belts done and seems to have been well looked after. I couldn't run a 20mpg car so would be looking to fit LPG which is doable as the price is considerably lower vs the diesel. The E5 E10 game shouldn't impact me too much if I'm only using premium to get the engine warmed up.

Take the logic out of it and I prefer the diesel. I just love the facelift 75 - I think it has the right balance between cool and class and the wooden dash etc is just so much more pleasing to me than the MGs sporty look.

What think ye all?
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote