Old 26th February 2019, 22:51   #13
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Hi Steve,

The new one I fitted had part number KKH101385 on the packaging which is the same number as quoted on Rimmers (although NLA on there, so use KKH101383 instead) and is also on DMGRS web site.

For the life of me I can't remember if I bought it from DMGRS or another source but it certainly looks like the DGMRS one.

It is, however, different to my original "one with a P on it" that I removed, and tbh doesn't look as meaty... rubber wise that is!

Quote:
The DMGRS one was £30, the Rimmers KKH101383 I see is £84 .... although the Rimmers picture does show a "P" on it (...?)

I saw other threads about Mondeo, Jaguar, and Powerflex options but I wanted a straightforward "one-off-one-on" solution.
Only time will tell I guess. At least if my new one fails, I'm confident I'll be able to change it pretty quickly now I've done it once!

One other tip about getting that bolt undone, I used a 15mm spanner - the type that has the swan neck type end - which solved the problem of not being able to get a socket on the bolt because of the sensor being in the way. Hope that makes sense!

Kind regards

John
Hi John.
Yes that is the Chinese one which have been around for ages now, should be ok on the petrol, I am currently trying one out on my diesel, only been on a couple of months, but as soon as I added to the car I could see it was being stressed, I have a couple of other types ready to test throughout this year, I will give them all about 3 months each and see what they look like after, but I must say the one on now is not that good I can feel little thuds and vibration from it.

Original would be best and would most likely last out the car, or should at least get 6 years plus out of it.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote