Thread: Hgf kv6
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 20:09   #12
Mr Toad
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8 tourer & MG ZTT & MG RV8

Default Hgf kv6

As the coolant sensor was leaking and to deal with it you need to remove the front inlet manifold I decided to remove the inlet chamber and both inlet manifolds. I don't like interfering with the fuel rails so I just take off the connecting pipe at the front manifold it has to be wriggled free and reconnecting will no doubt be a challenge but it will be doable. The inlet gaskets seemed to be perfectly okay, no sign of any leakage so I just sorted out the coolant sensor cleaned it up put on a new gasket and put some 577 Loctite on the threads screwed it back in to the correct torque. Total time so far two and a half hours.The next job is to clean all the mating faces of the manifolds put on new gaskets and put on a thin layer of Hylomar on both sides of the gaskets, reassemble with fresh antifreeze then hope for no leaks.

Do I take it that if the plugs are okay this discounts HGF and if it continues to loose water then it will then point to a faulty oil cooler which looks like a pain to replace.

Martin
Mr Toad is offline   Reply With Quote