View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 07:58   #4
Stephen Fussell
Regional Secretary

2015 Mini Challenge 210 & 2005 Rover 75 Classic CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

A very important piece of 75 history - do you own one....???
I certainly do remember them. Our dealer principal went to London in it for this father to receive an award from the Palace. Sadly, it broke down on the M4.

Last edited by Stephen Fussell; 24th May 2019 at 12:45..
Stephen Fussell is offline   Reply With Quote