View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 10:53   #27
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

I went to a 3.0 S Type Jag from a 75 2.0 v6 Club SE and found fuel costs to be similar if not slightly better in the Jag but it isn't put together as well as the 75, the ride quality of the Jag isn't quite as comfortable and the Jag does suffer from a corrosion issue although no where as bad as the X type that can be horrendous. The Jag interior looks nice with its leather and the built in sat nav, the wood looks nice quality but it doesnt feel like the 75, the Jag is a good car but expensive for parts, I had to replace a couple of suspension arms and they cost £400 for these parts and it looks like I will be doing the rear shocks and other suspension arms soon so another £500. The 6 speed auto boxes must have an oil change done on them by 100000 miles as they get jerky , the oil is very specific and can be costly the filter will need changing which is part of the gearbox sump and that is also costly. The 2.7 v6 diesel has it's own problems if only used for short journeys but you can read about them . I have been on the look out for a nice 75 tourer for a little while to replace the jag but I'm a bit fussy so have also now started to look at Volvo v70s I've driven a couple and they seem well put together and are comfortable but most seem to have mega mileage and people want to money.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote