View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 16:28   #374
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Well, you cannot take it with you.........................

................................................ As I'm supposed to taking it easy, ease up on the hard work and slow down to the Cornish pace, I decided to pop round to the old house and swap the Bear over with RedFive. Plus check to see if there was any post, I have applied for the redirect mail. I then brought the bird feeder unit down and put that into a black bag, pulled my metal poppies out of the ground and loaded the lot into the Bear. Then took the rubbish out and put that in the bin. Stripped the last of the stuff out of the kitchen, put everything into the now empty swing bin.

Just left the barest of cleaning stuff behind, will get this done over the next week and then get the carpet cleaning people in to sort the carpets out.
Drove back to the house and unloaded everything. Washed the bird feeders and left them on the decking, in the sun, to dry. Cleaned the metal poppies up and put them in the ground. Emptied the bin of all the other stuff.
Finally got round to getting the Rolls-Royce and Bentley models put into the showcase.

Measured up the area where I want to put a 2 seater settee in. And off to Solomon's furniture store up near Dobwalls, on the outskirts of Liskeard.
Had a wander round in the store, the staff just said hello and let me keep wandering. Saw quite a few nice leather units I rather liked. The sales lady showed me a very nice leather 2 seater, with buttons and studs, matches my 2 chairs. Marked up at £2795 but reduced to £1795 in the sale.

The manager came over and asked if I was paying cash, yes I said. OK he replied, I think we can better that sale price, off he went to check on his computer. Back he came and said as I was paying cash how did £1295 and free delivery look to me.
Where do I pay then? Was my answer.
Being delivered on the 21st, the date suits me.

Home to cook dinner and chill out.

Not bad for a easy day. And filled the bird feeders up.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 12th June 2019 at 16:30.. Reason: Missing words
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote