View Single Post
Old 15th June 2019, 17:33   #377
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The Bear done good..............................

.................................................. ......... In the last 2 weeks I have used the Bear solely for transporting boxes of stuff from the old house to the new house. With the occasional trip to the tip. Today we made 4 trips just emptying the shed. Quite a lot of the contents of the shed is spares for Banana including a front subframe. I got the subframe out but could not move to the car. I would ask Allen for help later in the day.

A further two trips saw the Bear carrying all my potted plants plus the mower and strimmer. There are 2 pieces of furniture still at the old house. A corner unit which I will now keep. Plus there is a MFI Bookcase. Been a good bit of furniture, had it for about 35 years but it has come to the end of it's life. So I dismantled it, and that was another trip to the tip.
Back to the old house and down came the curtains. All mine except those in the back bedroom. Then off to the petrol station to fill the Bear up ready for her mega trip on Monday.

So back to the new house and put the net curtains in the washing machine. I phoned Allen and he said he would meet me at the old house to move the subframe but not till about 4pm. So whilst I waited I got the mower out and cut the grass, trimmed the edges with the strimmer. Cleared up and made a cuppa. Pleased with myself with what I have achieved today, but getting very tired. Still only the subframe to shift.
Allen phoned and we arranged to meet around the old joust. I got there first and reversed the Bear up. Allen pulled in as well.

The subframe is a heavy old lump but with Allen taking the heavy end we soon had it in the back of the Bear. We decided to leave the corner unit until next week. Then we convoyed back to the new home. The subframe was soon sitting in the garage. And with that I thanked Allen for his help. After Allen left I then set about vacuuming the Bear out and refitting the seats and load cover. Then I swapped Bear over with Banana. Ole Yella is off out tomorrow to the breakfast meet with the Cornish MG Club.

Once to cars were parked up I decided I deserved a shower, then a cider. Not necessarily in that order. Then get dinner ready. Once all was scoffed and the washing up done time to chill. Another apple juice? Oh! Go on then.

So in the last 2 weeks the Bear covered 116 miles and it took £44 to fill her up.

Thanks for reading

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote