Thread: Ad Blocker?
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2022, 11:55   #6
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
A windows 11 laptop should come with it's own security (defender) which is all it needs really and should up date on it's own, what make did you get Dell, did it come with Windows 11 already or did you have to down load it your self.

I am sure there are a few IT guys on here whom can advise you better, i have always found the free 12 months security which most laptops come with ie Norton, Mcafee antivirus etc slow down the PC or laptop.

Windows come with browser Edge which i find ok i also have Chrome, for some browsing which is used occasionally i think both have built in ad blockers?
My "new" Dell (July 2022) with Win 11 is hopeless. Very poor back-up warranty/Technical support. Do not purchase a Dell. My USB ports seem to have a problem. For instance, if I copy a file to a USB Floppy Drive it will only do this to the root. I cannot make a directory (folder in to-days parlance) and this is the same for CD-RW. The devices are not shown in File Manager (Explorer speak). Thankfully, most memory sticks are seen, albeit with shadows (i.e. if a stick is inserted and takes the ID of, say, F: I will get two instances of it. This can have consequences for data integrity..

I have endless e-mails, (approaching 50 odd) asking me to explain the problems (warranty countdown). You would think they would just take remote control and go through the issue process themselves. But oh no! Send it back to us. Sigh......I know what that means. Won't see it for yonks and it will still be the same on return. :-(

Edge is Cortana with a new front end. Junk it. And Pocket and 365 subscription. Microsoft do all this to lock out any competition. I wish I had asked Dell to load the Linux option instead but I needed to "upgrade" my Windows knowledge (post Win98se). I use FF, AVG and Ublock Origin.

Kev
p.s.
This is a computer forum, no?
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote