View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 06:09   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Now where was I? .......................

................................... ah! Yes, exhausted. Another amazing item for sale was these amazing glass bowls in the shape of a brandy glass. Those of more senior years may remember these glasses were all the fashion at one time, huge glasses with bonsai trees growing in them. Well, the upper section was the same shape. They are all made from recycled broken beer glasses. The glass is melted down, once heated up they are drawn out and the brandy glass shape is turned, now the base of the glass is kept hot all the time.

The wooden bases of that, the glasses sit on, are pieces of tree branches with all the knobbly bits. So the heated glass is then sat onto the wood and allowed to cool. The glass then settles into the shape of the wood. Again no two pieces are the same or size. Both Debbie and Matt bought these. Plus Debbie bought a few other things. Well, lots of things actually.
Once we had our tea it was time to load up Leafy. Well with the chair taking up most of the space we managed to get everything in.
Allen suggested that we left everything in and I would take all the luggage home. Saves a lot of hassle.

The weather had been kind to us all day, although quite chilly but the sun had stayed out. As the sun started to set the sunset looked promising. So with Leafy following Grovey we set off back to the hotel. I managed to get some pictures of the sun reflecting onto the clouds before the battery died, must buy a spare battery.
Once back at base, we agreed to meet in the bar at 17.30. I went into the chalet, put the kettle on, made the tea then promptly fell asleep. Was 1700 when I woke up. Not a great lover of cold tea, so made another whilst getting ready.

I knocked on Debbies door and we walked to the bar together, we are just good friends no romance. We met the others and Allen told the everyone about my credit cards experience. Then it was nosebag time. I started with ginger beer infused salmon, I couldn’t taste the ginger beer but the salmon was gorgeous. My main course was lambs liver, bacon, onions and mash plus some thick gravy. Very nice indeed. Cleared my plate. Dessert for me was Red Velvet cheese cake with layers of sponge and crushed raspberries plus clotted cream I shared this with Debbie.
One of the other desserts on offer was blackcurrant and liquorice pudding which apparently was scrumptious.

Then time to hit the dance floor. I’m a bit of a wall flower when it comes to dancing, I’m happy to sit and watch but not tonight as I was dragged onto the floor to bop the night away. There was a break and the main act came on spoiling my fun.
The act was the hotel staff paying tribute to the “Blues Brothers”, and they were very good. Although some of the songs were not in the original film. I was disappointed that they didn’t do Rawhide.

So with the act over, the cider was flowing along with some whiskey that John bought me. It was back on the dance floor till the end of the night. As most people had either retired to the other bar or gone to bed we stayed in the ballroom. There was a chap who was still letting the gramophone play, and taking requests, although he never got the hint. And so the dancing started up again. The night was finally rounded off by the conga.

So we packed up and found our way back to our rooms. We passed Leafy with her boot packed to the gills. Tired? Who me? Yup, and aching. Soon I was in the land of nod chasing those fluffy clouds.
The plan today is as we have 3 hours to kill from leaving till the ferry leaves we might have a run into Newport and a look round the shops, although i’ll stay in the car.

All in all it’s been a cracking weekend with fantastic company.
I would normally return either straight back to Essex or return to Cornwall for a few days but this year Cornwall is now my home. Still be strange not following Keith off of the ferry.

Sorry we could not meet up with those members that have been in contact, and these that live on the mainland, if any members live on the Island we never heard or saw them.
Having said that we never saw any 75’s or ZT’s either. A few ZS and ZR’s about plus a couple of TF’s. There is a MG garage and we did see a few MG 3’s.

So thanks for reading and the comments. Will do the final roundup once home and upload a few pictures. Don’t forget if you see the convoy travelling back, wave or flash or toot.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 10th December 2018 at 06:13.. Reason: Missing letters found and reunited with the words.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote