View Single Post
Old 4th July 2019, 13:51   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Got a wave from.........................

........................................ a forum member Nathancann in his Anthracite CDTi ZT on the A38.
Banana ran ever so sweet on the 254 run up to Michaels. The closer we got to London the hotter the outside temperature, reached 27.5 at one point.
Not much in the way of traffic, even the M25 was light.

Did see one nasty accident between 17 & 18 on the M4, was on the other side of the motorway. The tailbacks were nearly 5 miles long.
Saw a hunting pack of MG3’s, ok so they was on a transporter. But other than the ZT and a ZR I never saw any other MG Rovers.

Why do people leave to the last minute to pull out to overtake a slower vehicle. You can see the obstacles from a distance, I pull out well in advance and give them plenty of room before pulling back.
I had one idiot behind me who was either nodding off or texting on his phone. I could see his head bobbing up and down.
Couple of lorry drivers with their iPads resting on their steering wheels.

As we got closer to London a convoy of unmarked Police cars flew past with blues and two’s on. And another convoy of them heading towards Essex on the M25.

Still the main thing is we got here safe and sound. I’ve left Banana in the road as the drive way is so overgrown it’s hard to spot where it starts and where it ends.
Tea made, waiting for Michael to come home from work. Might see if he wants to “pop” along to the local watering hole.

Thanks for reading.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote