View Single Post
Old 6th July 2019, 05:45   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The joys of the M25.....................

................................... never ceases to amaze me.
Left Michaels at 12.30 for the 45 minute drive to my mates house in Dartford via the A1 and M25. And it took nigh on two hours. The ski jump over the River Thames was clear but getting there was a slow and painful drive.

Between junction 23, where I joined, and junction 27 it was incredibly slow. The reason was an accident on the other side of the car park between a Junction 27 & 28. Perishing rubber neckers, just unfortunate accident where some poor soul possibly was injured or worse.
But once past it was a green light all the way to Dartford.
Obviously the tailback on the other side was just as bad as the one I had endured but there’s was for a reason, two lanes blocked off.

Once over the ski jump we take the second exit off and Bear left towards the hospital but turn right just before and go down the hill and across the Darenth valley.
Pulled up outside my mates house with two wheels up on the pavement as it is a very narrow road with cars parked either side, had I’d been staying the night then I could have pinched the LandRovers spot on the hard standing.

Soon inside with the flowers I had bought for Lisa along with a bottle of Mulberry gin for her. I gave John a special bottle of Irish Whiskey I had come across awhile ago plus I cad a 12 bottle case of Rattler cider for him.
Then I brought the box containing my entire model aircraft collection that I was giving their son John Louis. But first I had one other gift to give to my favourite dog, Sapphire, a box of doggie treats. John had told me on the phone which ones to buy for her.
Sapphire is a failed Police dog and a loveable German Shepherd. When I lived in Essex I used to look after her occasionally. Such a well mannered and lovely dog. She will be 7 in September.

You had to see John Louis face when I gave him the box. One of the rare occasions he was dumbstruck. There are a few very special model aircraft within the box. 2 Hawker Hurricanes signed by there two WW2 pilots. A Lancaster with the signatures of the entire crew who served on this particular aircraft. John Louis and his dad took the box upstairs to put them out on display. But there was a few of the models that had suffered damage over the years in my ownership that he could play with.

And John Louis had a surprise for me. A relative had bought him a model kit of a C130 Hercules plane. And this little boy wanted me to build it for him. He had saved the model for me since Easter. A privilege to build it. Luckily for me it was already painted and it was held together with screws so no paint or glue required. Just a spot of patience and a lot of swear words.

To be continued.................

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote