View Single Post
Old 6th July 2019, 07:38   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Banana reached another landmark yesterday................

................................................. when she tripped over onto 204,000 miles.

The original plan whilst in Kent was to go out for a meal but John decided to put the bbq on. So whilst he got with that, Lisa made the salad, John Louis bounced around on his trampoline and I effed and blinded whilst build the model. How on earth the makers could expect a young child to build this let alone me. The instructions were a bit vague and the Allen bolts and nuts were fiddly. But having built so many models over the years I soon got into the groove of building.

John had put The a Rattler in the fridge and I allowed myself just one bottle as I had to drive back to Michaels, I could have stayed over but probably wouldn’t have woken up till Monday.
The bbq was on the go and the salad and new pots were ready.
It was lovely sitting out on the decking overlooking the Darenth Valley. Sitting under the huge umbrella my mind started to wander back to the happier days when we used to party out on this decking when my Val was still with us.

The memories came flooding back, Lisa gave me a nudge and handed me a tissue as she had noticed the memories rolling down my cheeks. She too said that she often sat here and her memories would roll down. This house was a Mum’s and before that her Grandmothers, so lots of memories of the good times.
We both had a wander down memory lane and only was interrupted by the cry of, “GRUBS UP”. There will always be memories.

The bbq was very enjoyable and the Rattler went down a treat. Sapphire is well behaved and does not beg for food. She had found a nice cool spot and was happy to snore. John Louis squirted his water pistol at her but she never moved. Not a care in the world.
The plates were washed up and put away. It was nearing John Louis bedtime and he said to me, “Uncle Bob, you don’t have to finish my model plane this evening you can do that the next time you come to visit us. I’ll get daddy to put it up on the shelf and wait for your return. And Uncle Bob Thank You very much for my model aircraft. I promise to look after them”. All that from a 6 year old, and more tears from me.

John Louis gave me a hug and a kiss before he went off to bed. Such a lovely and well mannered young man. Bless him.
Once Mum and Dad had said there good nights to there son we sat out on the decking and chatted. They both agreed that I looked very happy and relaxed now that I had a new home. They both said that they knew in their hearts that if I did not move from the flat then those stairs would eventually injure or kill me.
I had to admit that moving into the new house was the second happiest moment in my life, the first being our wedding back in 1993.

We sat and made future arrangements for them to come and visit me before the year is out. The aircraft building was put on hold. And I had another cup of tea before getting ready to leave. Lisa gave me a huge hug and kiss and said she would see me soon. I said that she was looking so well after what she has been through. Her battle with the Big C has had her coming out on the winning side.
John walked me up to Banana who sat there patiently waiting for the off. John said the paintwork looked fabulous.
Whilst we said our goodbyes Sapphire appeared and I gave her stroke, her fur was so cool in the evening sun. She went for a wee on next doors dustbin. Good girl!!!

With that I was leaving. The drive home was pleasant in the cool of the evening. The widow just slightly open just enough to let the right amount of breeze in. We was soon at South Mimms and down onto the A1. Left towards Arkley and right at the Gate pub. And into Totteridge lane. Didn’t bother putting Banana on the drive. Parked up up behind Michaels battered chariot. Indoors and straight to bed ‘cos I was so tired. Michael had already turned in but he had left all the lights on for me.

Slept right round to 6am this morning.
Up and showered. Clean clothes on. On the Tube today so Banana can have a rest.

Thanks for reading.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote