View Single Post
Old 30th March 2022, 22:05   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Never had the problem myself, but, when the V6 stood out on the front drive for twelve months, the disc’s rusted slightly. I took the wheels off, and ran some brake cleaner on a piece of rag around each side of the disc’s first, after removing the whole calliper. I then got some emery cloth and cleaned up the disks in turn. I gentle used another piece of emery cloth to rub the brake pads on to remove any rust that was on the disc that had transferred to the pads. They have performed very well ever since. . Now the diesel which has been in the garage for the last one year nine months, there was a leak in the rook, caused by a stupid neighbour poking a piece of piping through the rear of the roof letting the rain in. The three disc’s are still shiny, good air flow in the garage, but the one where the leak was is a little rusty. I have had the car up and down the drive to the garage to get rid of the rust. It is not perfect, but will get the same treatment as the KV6. By the way, the disc’s are Pagid all round. I recommend them.