View Single Post
Old 1st April 2022, 11:18   #17
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
if you look at alot of these pads , and pay careful attention to the spring clips that hold them inside the piston, more often than not , they are either not positioned centrally or equal. i have noticed this times on different makes. i had one set that would go in reluctantly , and pop back out at the slightest tap on the calliper. sometimes the springs were twisted at an angle or not even the same sizes . i wonder if the clips push out the pads at an angle whilst driving and then re seat when the pedal is applied. some of the new ones are a pain to fit inside the piston and must distort once inside , to an aukward angle and then not give a square initial contact at all. you can try to adjust them equally with the help of some moles but never get them equal as the spring material is very tough. the rear brakes never get much pressure on them as most of the braking is done on the fronts. sometimes the central rivets are not even central to the pad, and vary even on expensive pads. this would also give you problems on the pad carriers with the pads sticking. things aint what they use to be is an understatement...
Perhaps this explains the poor quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL031aSTSuI&t=16s
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote