Old 9th April 2021, 17:13   #19
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Why ? he was not a member of this club, he did not own a R40, lived a very privileged life, all on the back of the tax payer, i doubt he ever gave you or i second thought, also the rest of the royal family i doubt they give two hoots what happens to the ever day person.

At the end of the day he or they could with one swift move of a pen stop all homeless people living on the streets, lets be honest they the royal family have lived of the state for hundreds of years and still do now.

I think by now you have guessed i am not a royalist, yes it's sad for his wife and family as it is for anyone whom loses a loved one but lets not make the guy an hero he's not.

As always just voicing my opinion
You won't have read how he saved people from being bombed or the two airmen he saved then? He was lucky enough to become the husband to the Queen, she pursued him against the advice of the people in power back then. It's true he had many trappings of the Royal life but, he worked well into his 90's and his last duty was in the pouring rain. There are many hangers on in the Royals but this man wasn't one of them, he earned his keep and was a war hero in reality, his award scheme has helped many people have better lives since the 50's because he actually cared enough to do something, that's not the actions of an aloof person. I think that this time you're wrong in your opinion and his service to this country deserves better.