View Single Post
Old 5th April 2022, 19:47   #26
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The reason engine braking is frowned upon is because the latest drivers? Can not change down a gear, and certainly can not double de clutch. Reason I was told was because it takes your concentration from the road. Well all I can say is if changing gear takes your concentration away, you should not be driving. Such a lot of rubbish talked these days about driving, and most of it is because of useless drivers in the ‘teaching ‘ trade. I was asked to go out with a friend of my wife’s who was going for her fourth , yes fourth driving test, and believe it or not she could not do three point turns, or reverse properly. When I showed her how to do a three point turn, and she managed to do one after about six times, she told me that I had showed her the prper way. The ‘teacher’ had shown her a totally different way. Showed her how to use the three mirrors when reversing, and she said she had only been told to use the ‘two outside mirrors’. No wonder there are people who can not reverse or do correct three point turns. About time some of these teachers learnt drivers to use the indicators also.