View Single Post
Old 4th March 2024, 13:57   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool So today was a bit…………….

…………………….. of an emotional one as I said goodbye bye to The Flying Banana. She has gone to live with Matt for awhile. There are few jobs to be carried out whilst she is with him.

Naturally enough she wouldn’t start. So Matt tried a starter pack. Nothing. Then jump leads across from his Rover. Nothing. Even after 30 minutes with leads across. Still no lights on the dashboard. Looked to see how old the battery was, 6 years old. Phoned up the local battery shop, Dawes, here in Saltash. Yes had a battery in stiock. So Matt drove me up to the tyre shop and I got out to pay. The girls were over the moon to see there “film star”, yes they had seen me on the telly.

So £105 lighter, and back home to get the battery fitted. Got there to find Allen waiting, he had borrowed Matt’s welder and was giving it back. Anyway battery fitted and she started on the button. Oh! My! How I have missed that sound. But she wasn’t giving up yet as she refused to let Ryan, Matt’s son, to drive away. The rear brakes had seized on but with a bit of rocking she finally gave in.

As she drove off up the road I could feel the tears welling up. But I kept my emotions in check whilst Allen reversed BBB into Banana’s space. He gave the keys back and he was gone as well.

233,705. Got a busy weekend coming up.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote