View Single Post
Old 31st March 2021, 18:46   #1
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Default Windows 10 Update

This afternoon it struck me - for no apparent reason - that I'd not seen any messages for a while telling me that a windows update was pending and I needed to either restart or shut down my laptop. I went into settings to check and it said I was missing important security and quality fixes, so I clicked on the Check For Updates button. It did its thing for a few minutes before returning the following:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080005)

I did a search and got a whole load of links, ranging from the usual scam rubbish (as in "you need our all singing, all dancing driver update") through practical advice such as running the troubleshooter right up to the seemingly complex long list of instructions to type into the command prompt. I ran the troubleshooter but it didn't fix the issue.

I looked deeper into the more complex advice, but although they seem genuine I'm a bit reluctant to start typing in commands when I don't have a clue what I'm really doing. Has anyone had this issue themselves and managed to resolve it? If so, any advice would be much appreciated.

This is one of the links I looked at, but I stopped at Method 3 as it began looking scary!

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-w...%20Section.%20

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote