Thread: broken spring
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2021, 09:45   #25
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I have had a front spring break on a Renault 5 and I did not even know of it until it was picked up on an MOT. Regards the front springs for our Rover 75s, I emailed Quinton Hazell about them in 2013 after I bought a pair on ebay to keep as spares for my 1.8. My query was as follows:

Hello,

Re Quinton Hazell part QSS3158 - A front suspension spring for a Rover 75 1.8.

I recently bought this part new from the eBay shop of Premier Motor Factors in Aldridge but it did not come in a retail box, it came bubble wrapped in a plain brown cardboard box with no obvious means that I can see of authenticating the part. Only the part number QSS3158 printed on a label on the box links it to Quinton Hazell but there is no barcode so I don't trust it to be your label. Also, although new the part itself is covered in dust giving the impression that it has stood for some time before being packaged and this adds to my lack of trust in the part. Is there anyway of checking from looking at a spring that it is genuine Quinton Hazell? I would also like to check if possible that it is QSS3158 and not QSS3159 which the seller also lists on eBay for the Rover 75 V6. The part I've received has a yellow and a purple paint mark which I suspect is a colour code for the spring. A number is also cast into the top of the spring and it looks to be AS0449A04 - though the S could possibly be a 5 and the two zeros possibly the letter O.

I would be very grateful for any help that you might be able to give with this, as I'm sure others would be too on a number of car forums who are awaiting the outcome of this.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve Cxxxxx. (x=redacted)
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote