View Single Post
Old 13th January 2019, 13:25   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Cracking trip up from home to.....................

.................................. breakfast meet in Frimley. Left at 6am and got to the pub in 2 hours and 55 minutes. Only stopped for those pesky red traffic lights.
The Bear took it all in her stride. Mostly we was able to travel at Warp Factor 3 where applicable. Obviously keeping to the speed limits through the villages and keeping an eye out for the various local photographic societies aka speed cameras.

Best time of the day to get past Stonehenge before 8am, no traffic around till we hit the M3. Till then only 5 cars got past us and pretty sure one of them was unmarked police car.
Turned into the pub car park to find a few of the others already there. For a time we was the only MG there but then Justin turned up with his Silver MG V8 saloon.
Cracking breakfast, and mine was paid for by Keith. Such a gent, many thanks. Plenty of chatter.

Then it was time to get some photo’s and have a look at the cars. Nice to see Cliff’s car shining like a beacon. I had a lengthy chat with Nora, Cliffs other half, we talked about Cornwall mainly. I showed some photo’s, no not those.
Keith showed me some polish that had been handmade, smelt like fresh flowers and came in a box similar to what a Rolex would come in. Nobby pointed out it was for your body and not the cars.
Not sure about the idea of the leg wax though.

The car park was filling up with the lunchtime trade so that was our excuse to leave. Left at Noon and headed back towards the M3 with the other V8 following. Slow moving on the M3 with a car broken down in the left hand lane but everyone avoided that. Both V8’s were able to keep together and slice through the traffic.
The M25 was running ok, no variable speed limits anywhere. Justin turned off onto the M40 and we carried on to Michaels. Finally pulling up on the drive at 13.35.

The Bear had travelled a total of 232 miles and we still have over a quarter of a tank left. And she never missed a beat. We did see 4 MG3’s and 1 MG ZR.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th January 2019 at 13:52..
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote