View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 17:03   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I had forgotten how busy London is.......................

........................................ and have seen something that totally amazed me.

After the busy day yesterday it was not long before my body cried enough. So After we had a bite to eat I had to call it a day. Think I was asleep before my head touched the pillow. Slept fairly well, my bladder woke me up about 3am but after that it was gone 7am before I surfaced again.
Into the slowest shower, the water runs down the drain quicker. But it revived me. Dressed and downstairs to get my tea and a bit of toast.

It was 2 pots of tea later before I saw Michael. I know he is a bit eccentric at times but he was in his element this morning. In between getting his breakfast ready he put out the bins and started to dismantle his Xmas tree. Yup! It’s still alive. So after his first course, salmon and a fried egg, he went onto toast and marmalade. Meanwhile I just drank my tea. Foolish move by me drinking all that tea.

My hospital appointment was at 11.45, and the time was fast approaching for me to leave. But Michael wanted to come with me, so that delayed me a bit but then we was on our way. The Northern Line, on the tube, is the best way to go. Don’t even think about going by car.
We got there with about 15 minutes to spare. I handed over my paperwork and went to sit down but the nurse called out my name straight away. I never asked a Michael to come in with me, he just followed me in. I had visions of the hospital keeping him in. Oh! The thoughts that go through your mind are endless.
I got the news I was not expecting. But, hey ho life goes on. I’ll be around a bit longer than expected.

We left the hospital and went in search of some liquid refreshment. One of our favourite London pubs is the Founders Arms on the South Bank. Sits between the the Tate Modern and Blackfriars Station. We both have fond memories of this place. All those memories include “our” Val. Had a few laughs here. Eaten a few meals and supped many a pint.
It is a Youngs house but what did they have on draught? None other than ‘Proper Job’ brewed in St.Austell. I just had to have a pint or two.
I had forgotten how busy London is. Pushing and shoving, so many foreign languages.

But what took the biscuit was the busker at Blackfriars station. No change? Then just touch your phone to the terminal to make a £1 donation. Unbelievable. But then this is progress I suppose.
We chatted in the pub about what had transpired, over another pint accompanied with some chips. The weather was mild, even some blue sky in places.
Time to send our way was soon upon us. Michael suggested we should just pop into the Sir John Betjelman at St.Pancras station, sits next door to the Eurostar terminal.

There is a huge stature depicting a scene from the film “Close Encounter” outside the pub. If I thought the Founders Arms was expensive then I was in for a shock here. They have brew done for them by the Rock brewery, based across the river from Padstow. Had to have 2 pints then. No change from a Tenner. £5 a pint. Gawd! Guvnor! Bless my cotton socks, or words to that effect.
We sat outside, on the platform opposite the Eurostar trains. So that was another couple pints plus crisps before we went home.

Oh! My! How I have missed the rudeness of people on the tube. Another reason for me not to travel back to London in the future. We did eventually get a seat, and a Michael instantly fell asleep. I remembered that my mobile had pipped earlier so I spent the journey checking my messages.
As we got near to the station, Totteridge & Whetstone, I had to give Michael a nudge.
Indoors now for a spot of grub. Tea or beer? Beer I think Asti know how long a Michael lets the tea brew in the pot.

Another big day tomorrow for me though. Michael has to go to work.
And I get to drive the Bear.

Thanks for reading, and the pm’s.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 14th January 2019 at 18:51.. Reason: One Z too many
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote