View Single Post
Old 15th January 2019, 21:15   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Painting the ceiling in Westminster Abbey.................

................................................. must be easier than watching Michael changing a light bulb. Took him nigh on 30 minutes to change 2 halogen bulbs in the kitchen. With me having to hold onto the step ladders, and trying not to laugh. One bulb fell out and broke on the floor, and he still wanted to see if it still worked back in the fitting. Alas it didn’t.

After yesterday I went to bed fairly early last night. Really felt drained, not drunk after the 4 pints. Just plain tired.
Must have done me some good as it was the first time that I actually slept 7 hours straight. It was only my bladder that woke me up. After a visit to the small room I returned and got back into bed. Nice and cosy and in no hurry to get up. Totally unusual for me. Once up I would normally get showered but not today.
I did eventually get up and got myself into the trickling shower.

Dressed and downstairs to get my tea and toast. I was on my second pot before Michael appeared and thus the light bulb saga began. 7 years ago Michael had a new kitchen installed along with these new halogen spotlights, 8 of them all in one central cluster. 2 lights were not on. And after we had finished we still had two lights not working. So that looks like a electrician will need to be called in.
Finished off my tea and then I left to get on with my day.

First thing was to let the Bear warm up before pulling away, with a loud growl we was off. First stop was to get some go-go juice. Not desperate for fuel as we still had quarter tank. But I don’t like to let the needle get too low. Then it was the slow crawl to Enfield. Took me 1 hour to go 8 miles. I had travelled nearly 6 miles before I even managed to get into top gear.
Played hunt the parking space round where Emma lives, but parked up and into the flat. Did not stay too long as needed to get into Waltham Cross and into the phone shop.

Glad I got Emma to go with me, she got me a good deal on my New huge phone and they gave me another tablet as a goodwill gift, I was only 2 years over getting a upgrade. Will take me awhile getting used to the new phone so bear with me if you are expecting a call or should you get an unexpected call from me it might be a mistake.
I was fascinated by how they transferred all my contacts, emails, photo’s and other bits from one phone to the other.

Then we left and went onto our next stop off. Dunelms in Enfield to get my “Poppy” glasses. Long straight glasses with a “Poppy” design. I had 4 that I took to Cornwall with me from Barkingside. One broke on the journey and I managed to break two more at home. So getting these was a bonus.
We stopped off in the cafe for coffee and cake. Plus a chat about things.
Emma has been a great support over the last 7 years and I’ll always be grateful to her. Then it was time to drop her off then continue onto my business meet.

That meeting went better than I thought. I sold my share of the investment/business to the other three colleagues whom I have worked with over the last 12 years. I started off just as an investor to actually “working” out in the field on a couple of assignments.
It is a photographic/advertising/promotional business. It used to be good as when it started the world of digital photography was in its infancy but now with people having phones that take, and alter, photo’s. Once upon a time it was always stated ‘that the camera never lied’, but not now.

The work started to dry up about 2 years ago, and that was where I thought I would sell up. Of course I had other issues to deal with in between including the various health issues of mine., plus moving. The other 3 colleagues have decided to carry on. They have a new ‘business structure’ in hand. They did let me have a copy of the new contract to look at but I decided I would leave it to them.
We will remain friends and I wish them well in their new venture. Will I get tempted back, I doubt it.

We parted with a shake of hands and I battled the traffic back to Michaels. We were going up to the Orange Tree for our evening meal. But first could I help him with another job. Not more light bulbs surely!!!! No, it was time to take the Xmas tree down and plant it, yes plant it, in the back garden. He had already dug the hole. Now you people that buy the fresh trees will know that when you take the tree into the house it normally has either a mesh or plastic sheaf holding the branches up and tight to the trunk. I know not all trees come like this.

But once the sheaf is removed and the tree is allowed to stretch it’s branches, getting the perishing thing back out is absolute pain especially in Michaels house. Which is full of stuff.
“Can you mange the tree Bob? I’ll go ahead and open the doors”. Well it was a struggle but I managed to get it into the hall. Still had the kitchen to go through, and under the glare from the kitchen lights. Into the back garden, which was now in darkness, there are no lights in the garden. Trees yes, lights no. I gave the tree to Michael. When I got back into the house there was a trail of needles.

Michael come back in mumbling about not being able to see the hole he had dug.
So after sweeping up the needles we retired to the pub.
Couple of pints of “Doom Bar” and food were soon dispatched. The manager came over and wished us both a Happy New Year and gave us a glass of single malt each on the house. What a nice gesture to round off the last few days.

Tomorrow sees me going to visit a friend for breakfast, pre-arranged appointment at 10am, before I set off back home.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th January 2019 at 17:29.. Reason: Changed
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote