Old 18th January 2021, 19:49   #17
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postbasher View Post
Sounds truly awful...well done for getting thru it...just glad it worked out ok...may i ask how long you were unable to eat?...and would you liken your symptoms to flu?
thanks
Mark
I don't think it's anything like a Flu Virus, with the Flu you have an understanding of what you're facing. If you get covid there are too many variables to consider, I didn't eat for 15 days and knew I was starving myself to death, it didn't matter as the thought of food just made me feel worse, I drank Complan and melted Ice cream for many days until I could face solid food again. I've lost over two stones in weight and it's going to be a task to regain it, the weight loss and lack of eating made me very weak, I couldn't stand up to wash and sat on the floor of the shower, I then fell on the floor and waited for help to get dry before being helped back into bed.
If you asked me what was the worst part I'd say it was the cough, it comes from nowhere and with nothing to cough up, it can make you cough for hours until you vomit and beyond until you're so weak you're passing out with the strain. It's almost five weeks since I fell ill and my lungs are still sore from coughing, that still happens though not as much just now. The virus finds any weakness in anyone, that's how it kills.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote