Thread: Xbox 360 query
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2011, 10:16   #8
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
all our games are transfered to the hdd, you still need the disc, but loading is faster and the machine does less work so doesnt need to read from the disc as often. also the 360 is quieter, mine is the newer model

I agree, we have an Xbox Arcade whic honly had 300 Meg internal HDD, we bought a 250Gb "Plug in" HDD and copied our games on there. The Xbox runs quicker and quiter for Gaming. I think the Disc is just used to boot up the Game and "check" as part of anti piracy measures?

I do highly recommend copying games to your HDD as we had a problem recently where the Disc Drive wasnt reading Discs. So we couldn't play anything, followed teh Advice on Xbox support and it ended up where they wanted me to send it in to them. However, as it was outside warranty I decided to have a poke about for myself. All it turned out to be was teh "Eye" that reads the Discs, is on two runners, these where full of dust and the "Eye" couldnt move smoothly, causing Disc reads errors. a quick clean up and slapped it all back together and its worked perfectly since Hence why we copied our games to teh HDD.