View Single Post
Old 6th April 2021, 13:12   #1
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts
Default Under body sealer !!!

As many know i purchased my orange grove ztt cdti 3 years ago,known as GROVEY,who ever has owned grovey previous has looked after her with love and attention as i do myself,the point of the post is as good as they look on top is not always a good sign,im not sure who under body sealed her and what with has caused a real rust problem.it seams a good idea at the time but all its done is make everything rust under the sealer,im currently rubbing down and rust and treating with jenolite the whole underside of the body,ready to hammerite and paint the subframe and suspension parts,nothing at all is salvagable at all even the bolts have had to be taken out with rounded bolt removers due to corrosion if she wasnt my labour of love and my transport to meet my maker when the time comes im not sure what i would of done, this is just a heads up that underbody corrosion treatment doesn’t always make things easier later on down the line,i will take pics as i proceed and try to post on the forum.on a last note this post isnt knocking anybodys work or actions of previous owners thanks matt