View Single Post
Old 29th August 2018, 19:34   #6
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Not exactly John. It means that the two halves of the filter casing have loosened very slightly leading to low fuel pressure.

All you need is the orange clip. Do not take the filter casing apart completely, just try to tighten it.

I have no idea but you don’t need it.

There is lots of information on this subject. Search for ‘FFS’ or ‘Orange clip’.

Improvise with existing household tools.

Yes. In fact your fuel system self-primes every time you switch on the ignition.

Good luck John. All the above are tips which I have gleaned from forum members although I did once assist with the collar removal. My car is old enough to have the original design of filter casing which does not come apart so I don’t have direct personal practical experience of this.

Simon
Eventually did the job over the Bank Holiday weekend - not all in one go I might add.
Believe it or not it took me longer to remove the rear seat cushion (I've got the Contemporary black leather sport seat which is a lightweight version of the usual 75 seat and it's flimsy by comparison) than it did to do the seal/clip - didn't help that one of the seat springs was jammed under the rear floor clip - what an absolute pig!! I got the clip/seal from Ez-zee on e-bay and they provided a good step by step guide too.
Started first try, much to my relief.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote