View Single Post
Old 12th March 2010, 18:27   #13
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

I must say I am really enjoying reading about the magnificent return of "ONE TOUGH OLD LADY" S525 OVP the very last Ovp range of regs on the Rover 75.

Petes articles are great and await with vigour of the next chapter of this grand car which to all intended purposes was going to get crushed in the summer of 2009.

I am glad that this pre-production model/launch Rover DVD/Security car/ambulance car/famous film car & and now under the protection of the Rover 75 club stays alive for future generations to enjoy a 1998 (genuine) Rover 75 on a S plate.

I am also very pleased that she is going to be back to the real deal classic basic model as these will get despatched to the rover graveyard without any considerations, Also when you think about it how many S platers are fully loaded, well loads were, how many are the cheap as chips version??? I can only think of this baby....again a nice thought.

Yes theres something very special about S525 OVP to have gone through three companies......Rover group (BMW) & then MG-Rover and then NAC MG and still still come out through the other side "ALIVE"...

Long may it continue and to consider there are only around 20 S platers left in service on the pre-launch she is very very special and in a basic white charming..

Best of British engineering.....Longbridge.
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote