View Single Post
Old 27th April 2020, 12:54   #17
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

It gets even more odd haha, left the car now still, not starting it at all for a week, and checked the expansion tank everyday, didn't want to make this post until I was completely sure, but now, I know for a fact that the coolant is getting gradually lesser and lesser in the tank without even starting the car, in one week I noticed a 1/3rd of an inch less coolant in the tank, when I filled up the reservoir, I filled it up to the point where those fins inside the reservoir end, and one week later, as I said, the coolant went 1/3rd of an inch lower, and this isn't tge first time I noticed it, but I just left the car now still for a whole week to confirm it. But thing is, where is it all going? There is absolutely no trace of it nowhere, checked literally every joints and connections under and near the engine, thermostat, everything... Maybe the heater matrix? I flushed the matrix about a month ago but this problem was there before cleaning the matrix... And the matrix was cleaned from the joints in the engine bay, the joints from under the dash where the matrix sits weren't touched at all... And even if the system was leaking on the matrix side, I think I would've noticed it by now on the carpets or under the dash in one way or another...

And as explained above, the white smoke was happening just in the cooler evenings, in the daytime when it's warmer the exhaust wasn't blowing white smoke not even when started, so it's hard for me to believe now that the engine is burning such big amounts of coolant without showing symptoms...

Last edited by Rsnail; 27th April 2020 at 12:56..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote