View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:09   #8
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

There is some history of gifting in the past . to the kids and grandkids, all before the Covid season .

Also My Mums will ( step mum actually) leaves all her estate which is basically a proportion of the moneys in the joint accounts to her 3 Children

so cannot see how an opinion of a Council can overrule a Last Will and testament? .

I have already discussed with My step mums Kids ( all adults and the oldest son as well as myself are executors of the will )

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
A council will likely have little trouble in challenging any cash gifted if there is no previous history of similar amounts being gifted before the need for care became known. Before a financial assessment is undertaken the guidelines state that an assessment for continuing health care should be undertaken first. The requirement is generally ignored by both the NHS and outfits operating as local councils because it gets them off the financial hook if they first railroad through a financial assessment to get someone to self-fund their care. Has your dad been assessed for CHC?
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote