View Single Post
Old 29th January 2019, 14:37   #7
RoverLord
Regular poster

Rover 75

WOW. Pure gold here.

Let me tell you something brothers. Since my sad history of my broken Jaguar, I drove a small car from 1996. The mechanic who broke the Jaguar lent it to me. I guess he felt guilty, knowing IO must stay mobile.

I drove that small car without any comfort. No electric windows, crushed and pathetic seats, no telephone speakers, no nothing. On top, sometimes the car shut down when I switched the gear down to 1. It was dangerous. No airbag nothing. I am a good driver. But still. I always thought the other mechanic would fix my Jaguar. So I stood patiently.

But then I decided to act. I knew the Jaguar wont get fixed. So I called my lawyer to take care of things and needed a new car, for the winter.

After 9 months of starving I knew it must be a comfy car. But no mass car like everyone has.

So searched for the usual suspects. Citroen C6 (!!!), Peugeot 607 and Audi A6.

But to get good ones, is a game. Mostly you have pirates or car dealers on the phone. This was not an option for me.

So I was at the parking lot the other day. I saw a greenish Rover 75. I remembered the car from many years ago. I had in mind that the Rover was a car which was not reliable at that time.

At home I decided to kick out that mainframe and research for a Rover 75. And I saw the prices ! You get a lot of car for a small amount of money. Including history, class and design.

And I was searching at some nice models and there I made my decision. A silver Rover 75 2.0 CDT from 06.2001. It looks like brand-new. The owner always put it in his garage.

When I bought it I drove it home. I remember it was snowy and I was stressed since I had a hard day. Couldn't believe my "misery" with the small car will find an end. I took the train to get from A to B, paid the guy and drove home.

I couldn't believe it! It was evening. I sat inside and was shocked. The red light inside, the leather seats were new. I closed the door. I heard nothing. Put my Google Maps on the phone and drove home.

It started to snow. But no problem for the Rover. The next morning I registered it with no problems. Insurance etc, all good.

Just need to fix the code for the Radio (which still says wait) and all is good.
RoverLord is offline   Reply With Quote