Old 13th March 2019, 23:18   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Two questions -

How do we solve leaking hoses now that none of the suppliers list them for the KV6 engine?

Is there an overhaul kit available to fix a leaking pump?

I have this continual leak problem that so far no one has given any positive advice. the sequence of event was -

Leaking pump - I changed it.
Fluid leaking from the resevoir vent during a run - now piped to a catch tank but this remains empty.
Fluid now leaking from a joint (flexible to fixed) in the pipe from the pump.

I'm at my wits end. Is the pump generating too much pressure and can it be reduced? Any other ideas?
I must fix this, costing fortune in fluid and making a mess of the drive.

I would ask one of the traders for a pipe, Mickyboy sorted me out very promptly and very reasonably too!

Mine catastrophically exploded on start up when leaving work one evening. I do not remember any of the non PAS cars I have driven being so heavy on the move (Renault 5 being the worst!).

My ZT is a diesel so the pipework will probably be slightly different I am sure, but I would suggest your issue could be similar. The return pipe from the cooler to the rack passed by the A/C compressor, and rubbed through. So check there or at least check below any pipes for dampness. The pipes are easy to replace, but quite fiddly. Once replaced, I tied back the pipe to the subframe away from the compressor using a section of the old rubber pipe to insulate it from vibration.

This is the view from behind the wheelarch liner on the RHS

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote