View Single Post
Old 16th October 2015, 05:48   #114
Roelof

MG7

Smile

In two weeks, I will have my MG7 for 5 years.
I will not include pictures because they would look exactly like the first pictures I posted 5 years ago.
The bodywork has some minor chippings which I treated with a touch-up pen.

The ODO meter now reads 72453 Km, a very moderate milage compared to my years in Europe (75000 Km/year).
Maintenance cost during 5 years have been low: 488 UK pound (incl.oil)
In addition I have spent money on replacing the heatshield under the exhaust pipe (30 UK pound, my own fault), 4 new tyres (150 UK pound), a protective shield under the motor (65 UK pound) and new floor mats (75 UK pound).
One time my car was hit by somebody else and the damage was 38 UK pound, paid by the assurance.

The car still drives like new and is looking great!
Since this car has not been sold in large quantities (certainly not in Chongqing where I live), it always attracts the eye from many people.
The elegant and classic look is only to be compared to some much more expensive cars (like Jaguar).
I am still happy with my car and I intend to drive it for much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post

Hello mate, glad you still have the car.

Tell me, does the mg7 allow youto change the auto box gears by choice, sequential flicking the gears up and down?
Yes, it is possible to shift the stick of the automatic gearbox to manual and then change the gear by shifting the stick forward or backward.

Last edited by Dragrad; 17th October 2015 at 02:51.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit :-)
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote