View Single Post
Old 20th October 2018, 19:16   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Can anyone explain this?

Just wondering if anyone can explain this as I’m baffled.

My dash cam plugs into the cigarette lighter, it’s not worked for a couple of months as it seems to blow the fuses. I’d assumed the issue was with the socket, but I tried replacing the fuse last week and then just using the cigarette lighter and it worked fine. Plugged in the dash cam and heard a pop as the fuse went. New fuse put in, cigarette lighter working fine, I plugged a couple of other things in and they worked fine. So I assumed it was probably the lead gone dodgy. Got the same camera in my wife’s car so took the leak off that, new fuse put in my car, lead from my wife’s car, and my camera, and pop went the fuse. So another new fuse, used my lead and my wife’s camera, again pop went the fuse. Replaced the fuse again, retried the cigarette lighter, fine, heated seat, fine, plug in tyre inflator, fine, wife’s camera and lead, pop!

Now I’ve not tried my camera and lead in my wife’s car, but her camera and lead were fine when I took them out of her car, so can’t see it’s a fault with both the cameras and both the leads. And my camera had been working fine for around 6-8 months before it started doing this.

Anyone got any clues how something can be fine in my wife’s car, and not mine?

Thanks
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote