View Single Post
Old 10th April 2010, 02:24   #16
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Had a quick search on carsales, and there only appears to be one, and its hail damage, and its a 2005 (like the look of the earlier ones 01, 02 etc).

But fuel costs is not too high up on my concerns list, as work pays for nearly all the petrol i use. But out of interest, can these be converted to straight gas?

Do RACV do a reasonable job with regards to comprehensive pre sale vehicle test? Because just reading through the list of things they look at, doesnt seem like a whole lot. considering they just examine the external of components, and nothing is pulled open for closer inspection. And take it for a drive. I mainly want some assurance the engine has still got a bit of life in it left, and not going to die a couple months in.

Log book servicing seems to be in pretty good order, and seller has got receipts for a few major jobs (belts changed, transmission fixed, major service, thermostat housing replaced due to aging housing or something). These are all things that have been done within the last 10,000. Im thinking of phoning up the mechanic who did some of this work, asking if he remembers the car, and what he thought about it. Is that considered an acceptable thing to do? Because asking the seller of course he will tell me everything is better than new.

just need to find time to actually go have a look at this particular car myself. No one knows a Rover mechanic/expert in or near Newcastle by any chance?
The_Kman is offline   Reply With Quote