View Single Post
Old 8th May 2010, 13:47   #20
The_Kman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Got a Raven Black 2001 Connie, its a great car.

Question, are service items like oil filters, spark plugs, leads, brake pads etc etc interchangable with more common cars on the road here? That is, will i be able to get these parts at a reasonable price here, or should i be planning ahead and building a reserve?

Need to get a road worthy done on it this week, should be fine, just getting a licence plate light error, and doesnt seem to be the globe, so guess i best start tracing back, maybe there has been some corrosion or someone has snipped/pinched a wire somewhere. Hopefully its something simple.

There was some slight discolouration on bonnet and roof, but a very light cut and polish seems to have cleaned that up alot better than i thought it would.

Only other issues are cosmetic - broken and missing clips, cup holder doesnt pop out, light doesnt work on passenger side sunvisor. Things that should be fairly simple to solve. Thanks to this forum and members who are willing to help me out with these fairly obscure part requests

Already putting my own touch on it. Have got a walnut gear stick, handbrake (scratched it while installing so ordered another) and have a steering wheel on the way. Plus the Headunit that is getting discussed alot on here. Could not be more happy with the car at this stage.

Can any Melbournians recommend a mechanic with T4 i can get a full service and general check over of the car done, who might be able to give me a heads up on things to watch and look out for? Egremont, may i ask where you get yours serviced?

Hope to be able to pop down to the Rover meet next week in Melbourne, not sure how ill be doing for time, but i would love to come get some inspiration and see some great cars
The_Kman is offline   Reply With Quote