View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 15:51   #4
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I have come across this behaviour before. The thought is the physical drawing of breath past the bottom of the shield causes an induction draught into the pharynx from the descending exhalation of the breath of others and therefore a possible danger to the wearer of the shield and therefore a possible liability of the company to legal redress. Terrified or what.

I believe similar thought processes have applied to well endowed beardies, if you get my meaning.

Make of that what you will but at the end of it all are the orders from the company to its staff that masks are the order of the day and must be complied with. When faced with a disciplinary interview with a store manager who - in turn, will be ultra job conscious, - I think I would comply with my manager's instructions.

At my local branch of the same firm there was a 500 yard queue from the sanitation/infection stand (where every visitor, with unproven sanitary habits
and irrespective of pre-existing infectious skin complaints, waits their turn to handle the single bottle of unidentified fluid or the operating button is never even thought of. I walked to the front of the queue, wearing my Laurel and Hardy face mask (I kid you not, our daughter designed and made them) and the blighter barred me for not sanitising! Jobsworth Idiot.