View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 21:27   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
You don't have to discuss your medical business with the door idiot. You say, 'I am exempt', and that is it. Take their picture and ask for their name. You can complain to HQ and explain that you might take them to court for discrimination. Totally appreciate that such a move takes balls.

Alternatively: The only thing these places care about is their bottom line. So shop elsewhere.
You do not have to explain to anyone why you are exempt. However, the stores/companies can decide their own entry policies, and this is not a discriminatory stance, they are not discriminating against anything (think of it along the lines of some bars refusal to allow football tops).

Do NOT take their picture, simply because legally you are on private property, and therefore have to have permission to take pictures (not sure of the legal status of the individual, as a privately employed individual going about their business). Request their name, or employee reference if they will provide it, perhaps at source speak to the manager.

Whilst I do not (personally) see any physical reason not to wear a mask, I do experience the discomfort and orientation issue. So please do not take this as any kind of criticism, Bob, because I can empathise with you regarding a mask. I have done one 'big shop' since the mask thing came in, and I cut it short because of how the mask made me feel mentally/emotionally (more anger, and frustration than I would normally get in a supermarket). A visor is not an option either, since I get headaches and irritated eyes with a visor (and goggles).

The problem with the stores is, it is their policy laid out by government guidance and legislation, and if you cannot agree to it, simply shop elsewhere.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote