Thread: Btcc
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 08:46   #6
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Brilliant end to the season and well done Colin. Speaking after the incident with Neal, although he was naturally upset, he was still humble and managed a smile and a joke........not too many drivers in that position would have even been talking to the cameras.

Out of all those in contention yesterday I wanted Jordan to win but when he didn't quite get the points, I wanted Colin to win as I dislike Cammish especially when his team mate spun him at the start of the second race.......no doubt in my mind he knew what he was doing ( shades of BTCC 10- 20 years ago!) .....he is no rookie, and as Turkington said, if that was a Honda in front he would have stayed on the brakes a fraction longer.

OK so some would have let him past on lap 1 of race 3 but he was still losing it even when he got passed Cammish with 3 laps to go and no chance of anymore place gains, ( if you have a much faster car behind with no weight and no axe to grind I think you would give it space) What a clear head when he gained a place maybe deemed illegally by giving the car in front a slight "push" and so had the sense to give the place back immediately so there would be no stewards enquiry.

Gods and karma on his side when Cammish went off, and fortunately was not hurt, giving a fantastic finale.

Stick that where the sun don't shine Neal.

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 14th October 2019 at 09:08..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote