View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:09   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

CAT THEFT ... this theft nearly happened to me. i was up late one evening after working late shift and i was home in the lounge around 3.am no tv on and quiet, when i heard an engine running outside as i had the front window slightly ajar. i went to the window pulled aside the curtain and two young men in a black audi were parked alongside my rover in the middle of the road right outside my house . the passenger appeared to be pulling tools or similar from his glove compartment, and jumped out of the car and disappeared from view .
iimmediately following this the driver drove down to the end of the street and turned around and came back and parked in front of my car. he saw me looking and quickly drove forward outside my next door neighbours house and stopped. it was then the other youth appeared wearing a striped top from under the hedgeline of my eyes view and jumped back in the car and were gone at speed. i went out to the car but could see no signs of attempted break in etc so went back inside. it wasnt until a month or so later whilst having my stainless cat back system fitted that the fitter beckoned me from under the car which was up on the ramps to have a look. he pointed out to me where someone had tried to cut the old cat off and showed me the rings made by a chain cutter. thinking about it later on my way home everything dropped into place about that quiet night in my lounge .. ..
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote