Thread: Infrared
View Single Post
Old 24th September 2022, 00:11   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I had looked into it on and off over the years, but never really went beyond digital conversion (with the appropriate as shot WB settings etc - not real IR of course). I had some good channel mixer settings to emulate Ilford SFX (near IR film but easy to use) and Kodak HIE (IR film which would give an ethereal glow). I never went as far as removing the IR filter from a sensor though, but did play with a cheap 720nm filter. Unfortunately it came at the time I was doing less and less photography, so I didnt explore it in a more practical sense. It always fascinated me, though as did UV photography.

I do prefer black and white IR (or rather in my case 'near IR' photography), but do like the moodiness and subdued colour ones (720) like the Beacons reservoir above. I
still have a roll of Kodak HIE film at the back of the fridge, for when I get enthused again (will be interesting results by that time lol, expiry date is 2008 or 9 if I recall)

Good for you for doing it! The images look great and very well exposed too, it is not a straightforward task.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote