View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:06   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourerSteve View Post
How old is your caravan what make , model is it . Habitation relays have been around for a long while now . The easy way to check when the relay activates and knocks the 12v out is just to put the interior lights on and see if they go off when the socket inserted or when the ignition switched on .
Obviously that is just a generic diagram but gives you an idea of how the system works
Looking at that system both 9 and 10 as switched live would work , but the caravan utilizes the relay as a switch for the permanent live anyway .
I know with the Alko ATC fitted it is advisable to disconnect the caravan socket if leaving overnight anyway

See how you get on
something like a 2013? Lunar Quasar 525.
ha ha connecting the car to the caravan to knock out the 12v, this all came about as the 12 core cable dragged on the ground and wore through 4 wires.
I'm in the process of replacing it. My new cable is not the same colours on all of its 12 wires and, for example, the caravan orange is thin, the new one is thick but I cant go orange to orange as I need a think wire for something else. I've ended up with something like orange to "pink green" and "blue red" to orange.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote