View Single Post
Old 24th October 2022, 12:44   #66
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Well our last Nano meet of 2022 has come to an end and although we had a good Saturday, weather and attendance wise, we had to call Sunday off as there had been heavy rain overnight which was still coming down early morning and had flooded many roads leading to the venue and there were some cars broken down by the roadside who had been through the floods and the venue itself was waterlogged

So back to Saturday we had a decent turnout of 20 cars and more jobs are now being tackled so we are slowly getting back to some sort of normality for these meets where you will see a hive of activity and can help or just observe and maybe learn something you didnt know before, we are hoping that going forward we will see the return of a T4 to give free health checks to those that want one.

As ever a big thanks to everyone who turned up to this meet and especially the owners who travel a distance to attend, it can easily be taken for granted by those of us who are local but it really is appreciated that people are prepared to spend their time getting to us and their money considering the price of fuel currently

I took my Freelander 1 as had a few jobs to do, replace door lock drivers side, change windscreen scuttle cover and a couple of exterior window seals as mine had badly bubbled with rust as the metal inside the seal had rusted , thanks to John Aston for picking up the scuttle cover and window seals and bringing them to the meet for me, and also a big thanks to Les and Ben who helped me with my jobs

I took some pictures on Saturday which are on the pictures thread on the Nano forum for October, please take a look and if you have any of your own please post them on there

We have now had 3 Nano Meets at our new venue and have settled in quite nicely, we like the venue and they seem to like us , plus all the people who have attended have not mInded paying the £5 fee which is all passed onto the proprietors in exchange for using the venue

Now that we have a settled venue we can plan next years dates for the whole 12 months and will publish them early in the new year , with the 1st one likley to be in March 23, in the meantime thanks again to everyone who attended our Nano Meets in 2022, I hope you all have a nice Xmas and New Year and we will return in 2023 !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote