Old 25th March 2024, 23:09   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashford View Post
Hi Acrtic - Thanks for the reply... I didn't know about the NanoMeets... They sound brilliant! I'll deffo come up for one, sounds like a good day out and a good excuse to take my old girl (The 75 that is, not the wife LOL!) on a decent drive.

Re the PCB, are you saying you have a working spare? If so could you PM me to see if we can sort something out? - You could be my saviour!!! Just need to get to mine first LOL!

Do you think reading through the tests I have done and the results that it is most likely the PCB at fault?

Thanks again - Charles
Hi Charles.
Yes i have read through what you have tested, so just reiterate, with the A/C completely off no econ etc on, when you start the car the cooling fan at the front runs continuously, only when you turn the engine does it stop running after a while.

Also you need to check the near side wiring fan connections to the main loom access is with the bumper removed.

Check these connections for water ingress, unplug them check spade ends for corrosion, spray with electrical contact cleaner and refit check the fan again, this can be done with the bumper off.

You would need to remove the slam panel to get to the relay black box.

Four wire 3 speed fan should have M47 printed on the front of the relay box, and would look like this below inside.

The two wire 2 speed fan should have PWM2 printed on the box and look like this inside.

Please check the above and then drop me a PM with regards to the PCB/ fan cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 25th March 2024 at 23:11..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote