View Single Post
Old 28th November 2020, 13:37   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Beware of cheap Chinese FBH Dosing Pumps

As the colder weather closes in and will be around for a while, no doubt those of you with Diesels will be firing up your Webasto Thermo Top Heaters or even retro fitting one, and if they do not work or are having issues you maybe looking for a new fuel dosing pump

A proper Webasto dosing pump for the 75 should dispense between 10ml - 14ml in a minute with around 140 pulses in that time, the cheaper Chinese options available on E Bay new for less than £20 will only dispense around 5ml or less in that time, so less fuel = less heat and you will find that the FBH will not get hot or will take and age to do so.

At the opposite end of the price scale genuine Webasto new dosing pumps are also silly money (from a registered dealer over £300!) so much better to buy a genuine used one which you can usually pick up for around £30.

I know the used pumps look rusty on the outside, which is due to their exposed location in front of the offside rear wheel, and the look may put you off (you can always clean up the outside of the pump if you want with a wire brush and paint it) but its what's happening on the inside that counts and in my experience the genuine pumps last a long time and often when an FBH isnt working and people suspect the pumps the cause is elsewhere.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote