Old 14th December 2021, 08:52   #13144
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonkie View Post
I finally had a dry day to replace the lower engine mount on my CDT. Took it for a spin and it felt instantly better. Then the damned airbag light came on saying there was a fault. Mot is due on the 21st and I am getting worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Air bag light:- have a look under the drivers seat first and make sure the electrical connections are tight. Sometimes constant moving of the seat backwards and forwards loosen’s the electrical plugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
The seat belt pretensioner wiring/connectors, can also cause the light to come on. Don't ignore under the passenger seat, exactly the same airbag/pretensioner wiring and connectors under there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Agreed, nine times out of ten it's the connector under the driver's seat but it can be the one under the passenger seat too. Normally just a case of moving both seats as far forward as possible, then- but only after the ignition has been switched off for an hour-reaching beneath the seats and having a wiggle of the yellow connectors.

I believe some folk wire these permanently, getting rid of the plug-in connectors but I just use the wiggle method when my car starts doing it every couple of years or so.
Hi Guys.
Do your self a favour and get some of these below, once made up, cut off the old connectors and join the new ones, remember to add some heat shrink to the join.

Leave a decent length of wiring so the seat can be moved back and forth.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote